Tomato Bredie Recipe
If you’re looking for a hearty and delicious meal, look no further than this delicious tomato bredie recipe! This South African classic is the ideal meal for a cool evening or a weekend feast with friends and family.
To start, you’ll need:
– 1kg lamb/mutton neck or shoulder
– 2 onions, diced
– 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
– 2 tbsp. butter
– 2 tbsp. olive oil
– 2 tbsp. brown sugar
– 1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
– 1 bay leaf
– 1 sprig of rosemary
– 1 tsp. salt
– 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
– 3 large potatoes, peeled and diced
– 400g canned tomatoes
– 1 cup water
– 2 tbsp. cornflour, mixed with 2 tbsp. cold water
1. Heat the butter and oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Once the butter has melted, add the onions and garlic and sauté until they are golden.
2. Add the lamb/mutton and sauté until browned.
3. Add the sugar, vinegar, bay leaf, rosemary, salt, and pepper, and stir well.
4. Add the potatoes, canned tomatoes, and water. Stir well, then reduce the heat and cover the pot.
5. Let it simmer for 1 hour.
6. Mix the cornflour and cold water together to form a paste, then add it to the pot. Stir well.
7. Let it simmer for another 30 minutes.
Your tomato bredie is now ready to serve! Just plate it up and enjoy the satisfying and hearty flavors.
Don’t forget to check out our second recipe, which is a decadent and sweet treat perfect for dessert:
Malva Pudding Recipe
This traditional South African dessert is the perfect ending to any meal. It’s sweet, warm, and absolutely delicious. Here’s what you need:
– 1 cup flour
– 1 cup sugar
– 1 tbsp. apricot jam
– 1 tsp. baking soda
– 1 tsp. baking powder
– 1 egg
– 1 tbsp. white vinegar
– 1/2 cup milk
– 1/2 cup melted butter
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C/350°F.
2. Mix the flour and sugar together, then add the apricot jam, baking soda, and baking powder.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the egg, vinegar, milk, and melted butter together.
4. Gradually add the dry mixture to the egg mixture, stirring until it is smooth and well mixed.
5. Pour the mixture into a greased baking dish and bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
6. While the pudding is baking, make the syrup. Combine 1 cup of sugar with 1 cup of water in a pot and bring to a boil. Once the sugar has dissolved, add 1 tsp. vanilla extract and simmer for 5 minutes.
7. Once the pudding is done, remove it from the oven and pour the syrup over it.
8. Let it cool for a few minutes, then serve warm.
Enjoy this warm and comforting dessert with a scoop of ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream for an extra special treat.
We hope you enjoy these two beloved South African recipes as much as we do!
If you are looking for TIMAH DOUBLE PEATED BLENDED WHISKY 75CL – THAI SENG LIQUOR SDN BHD you’ve came to the right web. We have 15 Images about TIMAH DOUBLE PEATED BLENDED WHISKY 75CL – THAI SENG LIQUOR SDN BHD like Garlic Rolls Recipe South Africa – easy soup recipes south africa, Welcome to Tables & Thyme | Braai, The Beloved Country – Welcome to and also TIMAH DOUBLE PEATED BLENDED WHISKY 75CL – THAI SENG LIQUOR SDN BHD. Here it is:
timah blended 70cl peated thaiseng
sarie recipes pilchard african south fish cakes recipe visit koekies choose board
squash sweetcorn cooksister creamed african
bobotie south africa stop over african recipes foodista
africa south recipes cooking 2010 travel friday favorite june
south african recipes food africa street curry cape traditional bunnies town
oceans two alaska gulf ocean place natural between
bredie sapeople tastyrecipes
braai south african recipes pap africa wors food recipe beloved country starter bbq beef dishes roundup national cooking meat chicken
chilli tarts samosas capefusiontours
1000+ images about south african recipes on pinterest. Bobotie south africa stop over african recipes foodista. My kind of cooking: june 2010